How to Attract Money When You’re Starting Over
These six tips on how to attract money into your life are particularly helpful when you’re starting over. New beginnings are easier when you have enough money, aren’t they?
The first and most important thing to remember about attracting money is that you have to take action. Whether or not you believe in the law of attraction, money doesn’t just fall into your lap.
Well, maybe sometimes it does! But mostly you have to DO something, you have to start thinking about how to attract money. Then, you have to start taking action.
In this article, I will:
- Describe how the law of attraction works in relation to money
- Share six ways to attract money into your life
- List three resources on attracting money
I don’t believe we can simply sit back and money will find its way to us. Rather, I believe we need to learn specific tips on how to attract money into our lives. Then, we need to take action.
The Law of Attraction and Money
“The Universal Law of Circulation is all about realizing that what we give out will come back to us,” Maggie McCauley in How to Attract More Money Into Your Life. “Paying attention to how we feel, how we think, our intentions and our attitudes are keys to how this law will work for us or against us. Letting go of resistance and thoughts of lack are also key elements as to how the law operates for us. We want nothing in our way blocking the flow. Because it is a universal law it is always in operation, always flowing, and we choose how we will connect to it.”
Whatever you think about, increases. The first tip on how to attract money when you’re starting over is to think in terms of abundance, not lack.
If you think you don’t have enough money, time, or resources to achieve your financial goals, you’re right. My husband used to say we don’t have money, we can’t afford this or that, we shouldn’t travel as much because we need to save more money…but the truth is, we have more money than we think. We paid off our first mortgage on a $500,000 house, and are now paying down our 1.1 million dollar mortgage on our current house.
Was it money and the law of attraction that helped us pay off our mortgage? Perhaps. I always encouraged my husband to say we DO have enough money, we CAN afford this or that, and we SHOULD travel a lot!
How we think affects our relationship with money, and how much money we have.
How to Attract Money Into Your Life
1. Join an investment club. An investment club consists of people who pool their money and invest together as a group. The focus is educational interaction and socializing, which helps investors learn what’s happening in the economy, make better investment decisions, and learn more about what they’re investing in. To find an investment club, search the internet for “investment clubs” in your area. Or, look in your local newspaper for local business meetings. The more you learn about money, the more likely you’ll attract money into your life.
2. Invest in financial workshops, seminars, and conferences. Some finance companies host free workshops, which can be a great way to increase your money IQ. There are also relatively inexpensive money courses through local community colleges, businesses, and organizations. You don’t need to study investment charts or accounting textbooks to learn how to attract more money into your life – you need only start absorbing information about successful financial decisions and focus on how much money there is out there (because there’s a lot!).
3. Talk to stock brokers, real estate agents, investment advisers, personal finance advisers, etc. Ask as many questions as you can about anything and everything you think of. People love to share their expertise, and financial experts know that the general public doesn’t have a high financial IQ. The more questions you ask about money, the more you’ll learn about personal finance…and the more comfortable you’ll be with your money decisions.
How much do you get paid for the work you do?
4. Subscribe to one money magazine or newspaper. Go to your local library, and take out an assortment of money magazines. If you find one that appeals to you, subscribe to it – or make sure you regularly borrow the library’s latest issues. Make it a habit to read about money and finances. And, learn how good debt can help you attract money into your life.
5. Learn about your money personality. Knowing why you make the financial choices you do – whether you’re a saver or a spender – will increase your money IQ by increasing your insight and awareness. Your personality affects your saving and spending habits, and it all started with watching how your parents handled money when you were a child. Learning how to attract money into your life is about becoming aware of your relationship with money.
6. Read or listen to as many books about money as you can stomach! Besides personal experience, the best way to learn anything is to tap expert knowledge! There are hundreds of audiotapes, CDs, print books, e-books, and Kindle books about passive sources of income, attracting more money into your life, investing in real estate, reducing your debt, retiring early, figuring out your money personality, solving money problems for married couples, playing the stock market, investing in mutual funds, etc. To attract money into your life, you don’t need to read every book about finance from cover to cover…but it helps if you read a little bit every week.
If you’re a student who wants to attract money, read 5 Tips on Saving Money for Students.
Resources on How to Attract Money
- The Secret of Deliberate Creation describes how to align your mind and thoughts. The idea is to focus with intensity and emotion, and use that energy to attract money into your life.
- The 11 Forgotten Laws of Attraction was created by Bob Proctor, the bestselling author of You Were Born Rich. He’s famous for his appearance in The Secret, and shares additional information on how to attract money.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
What do you think? All comments welcome!
I can't give you advice,
but writing can help you gain insight.
Peace and blessings,
That’s it! A combination of practical ways to attract money into your life, and a few resources to help you take action.